Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #6



My second grade class made trading cards this last year. The children loved creating them. We used them when we studied the ocean habitat and then again when we studied birds. I scaled them down to about 2 1/2" by 4" and laminated them for durability. The students earned the trading cards for good behavior and traded with their friends. I'm still having trouble with my pictures. They come out distorted. I need to figure out what I am doing wrong.




We also made magazine covers this year in second grade. The children used them as covers for their bird reports. Our tech coach set up a link on our campus home page, so that the children could also make these from home.






Finally, I was able to put together this mosaic. I had difficulty downloading my pictures and then when I tried to add more squares, it wouldn't allow it. I'm going to play around with it some more, but wanted to save what I had just in case...



I tried puzzle maker on the Big Huge Labs site. It was fun making the puzzles, but I'm not sure the educational value for my second graders.

2 comments:

  1. About the picture size... Have you tried downloading a different sized picture? I've had the best luck with the medium sized ones. You usually don't have to resize them. (usually...) Try it and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Rose Bowl mosaic is cute. Your perseverance paid off!

    ReplyDelete