Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #8

RSS feeds - The only blogs I have followed before this assignment have been on Facebook. Using Google Reader, I set up several feeds. On a personal level, I made folders and put in feeds for news, weather, health, sports, and entertainment. Then I make a Spring Branch folder with blogs on wikis, district news, and some teacher blogs. The "alibraryisalibrary" blog looks like an especially good tool for searching out the latest in technology at a glance.
I am a little overwhelmed with all the RSS feeds I have set up on my page. I spent hours searching for new sites, but I'm not sure I will have the time to follow them all. So, instead of saving me time, I think I have made more work for myself. (I'm sure it is not supposed to work this way.) I do think it might be beneficial in the classroom if students need to go to specific places. This would give them easy access and, on a public site, they could share information and thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. It can get overwhelming, if you get too much on your feed. I've found that there are ones that I truly enjoy and others that just "look good". Leave them all for a while, then see which ones you really want. Get rid of the rest.

    ReplyDelete