Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #12

After reading many entries on commenting on blogs, the two that I found most useful were from The Cool Cat Teacher Blog and from the 10 Techniques to Get More Comments on your Blog sites. The first point that The Cool Cat Teacher makes, says it all. Always make a meaningful comment. I frequently see comments like, "I agree" on blogs. If you care enough to respond, you should care enough to voice the reasons behind your thinking or how you might put a different spin on something. Blogging should be an exchange of ideas. The second idea I found useful was to ask questions. From personal experience on our class wiki, I found that the children responded more frequently to questions I asked than to discussions I posted.
Comments to participants on the Library2Play site:
Book Diva - I, too, loved the "look" of your blog. It put a smile on my face. I followed your Jeopardy link, but am not sure where to go to create my own game.
Martin's Message - I am not familiar with the "Products for the 21 Century" site on the Library Resources page. I will definitely check it out. I like Millie's idea of using the trading cards to represent book characters. What a great way to list attributes.
Vanessa - I love the examples you posted of your explorations. You say you would use these as visual aides to support research. I was wondering what you meant by that.
Let's Learn - I really enjoy following your blog. It has so many personal comments interwoven with the responses to the required questions. I had a great time creating a WORDLE, but couldn't figure out how to post it. I tried saving it as a microsoft document to my desktop, but that didn't work either. Help!
Theresa's News - I am not familiar with the Pocket Picture Book. Was this a gadget I missed? This sounds like a great way to use technology to illustrate life cycles. Besides the butterfly, we also hatch praying mantises. I can use this for both!
Personal Blogs:
I have been following my nephew's blog from Tanzania and one of the Harry Potter blogs. I am a big fan of both!

3 comments:

  1. great examples of good comments....

    if you would hot link the blogs then we could go there...instant gratification...a strength of blogs...hot links

    in the blog post box, highlight the words you want to emphasize...click on the little chain icon, paste the url and then be sure you republish your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! It makes some of us think before we respond... I know I have become rather lazy in the wording and phrasing in my comments. I wonder if facebook and text messaging have anything to do with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks VWB. I followed your directions and hot linked the blogs.

    ReplyDelete