Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing #23

Library2Play Reflections
What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
*I learned a lot from the Common Craft videos. In general, all of the videos were very helpful for me.
*I have a much better understanding of how to integrate technology into daily lesson plans.
*Picasa (#19), Imagechef (#10), Big Huge Labs (#10), Taggalaxy (#16) were all great discoveries.
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I have felt quite inadequate in the tech field the last few years of teaching. I feel that I am now on the right track to change that thinking.
Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
*I learned that I can (usually) work through tech problems without running to others for help. It just takes a lot of experimentation and perseverance.
*I was surprised by how much technology is being used in classrooms around the world.
What could we do differently to improve upon this program's format or concept?
My only suggestion: I had some problems posting some items. Perhaps more in depth instructions would have been helpful. (example: wordle)
I thought the program was very well done.
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Yes, I would be interested in more training next summer.
How would you describe your learning experience in one word?
Eye-Opening!
I will continue to go back and read and comment on other players' blogs and respond to comments on mine. It is great fun and educational to see what everyone else has discovered.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on completing your summer technology adventure. Hope your experimentation time meant you had fun learning as well..we all have to play with these things. But also remember you don't necessarily have to do this alone...think about the community that has been built here. Return here and give out a shout...we will come running!

    hope you will share future experimentation efforts with us thru your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You did it! I'm glad you wrangled the problems and came out on top and that you have some ideas to take away for next school year. It really is a whole new world out there! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I forgot to say how much fun I had along the way!

    ReplyDelete