Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #19


I went to quite a few sights on the Web 2.0 Awards List. There were many that I found useful personally, but that didn't transfer into classroom use. I went to the games and entertainment section thinking that I would find something there for school, but all the sites I looked at were inappropriate for second graders. Comiqs is very similar to comic strip generator that I explored earlier. Picnik allowed you to upload pictures and use photo editing. The picture above was made from this site. Yourminis provided the opportunity to download music that the children could listen to from radio stations during class time. Live maps might be useful when we study cardinal directions in geography. The tool that I liked the most was picasa. I entered the keyword "birds" and then had a choice of clicking on many different photo albums put together by other people. I looked at slide shows of several of them and one was better than the next. I know the children will love this when we do our bird unit. Perhaps it will inspire some to make their own albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment