Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #16

I had a classroom wiki last year for my second graders. It was devoted to our bird unit. There were webcams for the children to observe bird hatchings and activities at various zoos across the country. There were links for the students to go to do research for their bird reports and then the children made podcasts that they posted. I took videos of our chicks hatching. The section that was used the most was the challenge question/discussion page.
I just want to add how much I enjoyed going to two of the suggested sites. I loved the Book lovers wiki . What a fun way for children to share book recommendations. alibraryisalibrary is another great sight. The author said you couldn't resist savethewords and taggalaxy and I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the kind words...I really do enjoy finding new (to me) fun things and sharing them so other can have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I use a wiki, the more I find to do with it! This year, try to think of other things you could use a wiki for. I bet you come up with something good!

    ReplyDelete