Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #13

The Delicious tutorial was helpful. Digg seemed like a huge source of info. If I understood it correctly, it seemed like Furl would be very useful for emailing specific info from a site that might change by the time the recipient received the email. Magnolia was not available to view. It said it was being remade into a by-invitation community and I could not get into the Social Bookmarking site.
When I went to register for Delicious, it wanted me to add bookmarking buttons.
When I started to do this, all kinds of security warnings popped up on my screen. So, I proceeded to register without adding the buttons. The rest of the registration went smoothly and it was very cool how all of my current bookmarks were automatically copied to the new account.
I'm not sure, yet, how my second graders would use all this, but I can see how tagging might be very helpful to share sites with my peers.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when I can't get somewhere I want to go! Very frustrating!
    As for your kids using Delicious... I set up a book mark page for my PGP kids in the library. Then when they come across something at home or at school, they can add it to our bookmarks. We had some guidelines for that, and occasionally we went back to review a site, but it worked out well for us!

    ReplyDelete